Meeting Called to Order: 6:35pm
Attending: Joanna Crump (President), Diana Marshall (Treasurer), Heather Fellers (Secretary), Erin Anderson (Vice President), see also attached list
Teachers Union: Allison (3rd grade teacher)
· Teachers are still working without a contract.
· What is happening is on the road to strike.
· Teachers are not fighting for anything specific. They just want a contract.
· Further down the road, the community might be asked to do additional tasks to support the teachers.
· Families can leave a voicemail for the School Board supporting their views at 503.916.3741.
· Halloween Party sign-ups will be posted tomorrow. If you need to sign up electronically, email your class rep.
· email@example.com is the main email for CSS PTA business.
· Meisha: Mr. Moore is doing a fundraiser/silent auction this Saturday for leukemia research. Details will come out on Facebook and/or email.
Positive Discipline: Julia Tomes and Steven Foster
· Grant for Positive Discipline for CSS came from Free and Reduced Numbers last year.
· Teachers are being trained in Positive Discipline this school year.
· See attached packet for brief introduction.
· Search Daniel Seigel for videos on understanding the brain on a comprehensible level.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:29 pm
Minutes taken by Heather Fellers, Secretary