Attending: Joanna Goebel (President), Heather Fellers (Secretary), Joanna Crump (Treasurer), see also sign in list.
Called to order 6:37 pm
Next Year Bell Schedule – Kristie
· Not announced yet because the district has not finalized the plan.
New Principal – Kristie
· Meisha Plotzke is new principal.
· Assistant Principal will be announced soon but will be filled internally from PPS, due to budget cuts.
Music Program – Kristie
· Received $1000 grant from Montavillage Jazz Festival.
· CSS was the only school who received it this year.
· Hoping for more community participation and would like volunteer visibility from CSS in the future.
2017-18 Goals and Dreams
· More involvement for PTA meetings and in general
· PTA bulletin board in front hallway (maybe kindergarten area too?)
· Deadlines for volunteers to be set for events to make sure events are properly staffed
· Pitch In emails to encourage more volunteers
· Calendar in main hallway – someone to update it
· A website that has all the information all in one place
· More midlevel and elementary interaction
· Tighter connection with Site Council and PTA, especially with the role of constructivism
o Site Council is a state program made up of half staff, half families.
o How to get deeper into constructivism was a big part of this year’s focus.
· PTA representative at weekly staff meetings
o Meetings start with appreciations that would be a positive view of the school.
· Ongoing conversations about how to encourage volunteerism
· Coordinate classroom fundraisers with PTA communication
· More student participation in events, especially midlevel students
· 5th Grade Transition meeting – Open Forum for parents and students
o Currently more of an informational meeting
· Volunteer Coordinator: Maureen
o Megan Lammers used to do a weekly Pitch In email people contributed to when they needed.
· Board Retreat to make more specific plans
· Sports: Jill
o A summary will come out at the end of this school year.
o More detailed information will come out in the fall with all dates.
Officer Elections for PTA 2017-18
o President: Joanna Crump
o Vice President: Erin Anderson
o Treasurer: Diana Marshall
o Secretary: Heather Fellers
· Nominated, seconded, all in favor
Adjourned 8:19 pm
Minutes taken by Heather Fellers