Back to School Night –
- repeat of 3 questions – some repeat for ML families
- good to meet new teachers
- good to connect with teachers
- stress that for Humanities there won’t be repeats as the curriculum is a 3-year rolling curriculum
- some parents didn’t feel the need as they’d already seen syllabi
- some teachers felt like parents already knew what to expect so didn’t feel prepared (ML)
- need better sound system so all can hear
- sample survey questions – added a few ideas
- survey plan – will be a Google form and will be shared in Podium
Covered Play area –
- PPS facts:
- expect to spend $100-200k
- can use our own contractor if the plans and building meet code
- what do we want? How should it look?
- just covered area, or playground re-do?
- imaginative play – open-ended play areas with new outdoor equipment
- see new Westmoreland Park as an example
- capitalize on the competition between Nike and Adidas
- is there a designer or contractor who could come talk with us?
- any parents or Parks and Rec folks?
- put an ask in Podium – professional playground or park designer, contractor
- create a letter to ask for money – need to have the project outlined well first
CAP review: next meeting 11/19
Process for parents for kids who are academically behind – intervention options? – when is it Special Ed or no? – Podium 10-17-15
Student Government: what do kids want to do? Have boys do some research: ASB, PTSO, Student Council and see where their interest lies
Winter work day for inside projects – MLK day of service! Jan 18, 2016
painting, molding and trim, vent the bathroom, wishlists from classrooms, mounting speakers and projector in cafe, fill in hole under tire swing, clean up church pkg lot, restripe games on playground (Leah Lipscomb)