Attending: Kenneth Johnson, Colleen Smith, Kristie Lindholm, Rawls Moore, Meisha Geisler, Katie Longstreth, Matt Feitelberg Time/Location: 3:15 in Meisha’s Room
Agenda Items covered today
Debrief Information Night
- classroom tours for kindergarten
- 5th grade information night
- Next time:
- make sure next time that it isn’t confused with the spring bridge meeting
- the purpose of the 5th grade information meeting
- Numbers of people that attend… outside numbers (not counting current CSS families)
- both Kindergarten sessions were very full
- Next time:
Kindergarten: 224 First: 36 Second: 16 Third: 18 Fourth: 6 Fifth: 13 Sixth: 39 Seventh: 4
SBAC Opting Out Update
- Rawls emailed, Mark Freed, from ODE to hear how this will impact schools
- because schools will not receive back information until next August decisions
- won't be made until the SBAC data is back.
- parents are upset and putting teachers in positions to state their feelings about SBAC.
Town Hall Meeting
- possibly in April with a moderator
- a parent brought their concerns to the last PTA board meeting, at first they wanted to give a climate survey, decided to make it a Town Hall to see if we are doing what we say we are doing.
- Chris and Heather met with Kristie and formulated an agenda/framework
- what is going well
- what are the challenges
- what are the goals
- How to support new teachers that are coming in with constructivism and storyline.
- Waiting until admin has an opportunity to talk to staff
- Thinking about who makes up the CSS community?
- Think about how we advertise to ensure we caste a wide net and structure it so it stays solution focused.
- Possibly use the compass and agreements
- resolution NW, a lot of work in table groups first
- Are we teaching to our Vision?
- can they come with concrete examples? If that is the concern.
- The intention should be for our Town Hall Meeting
- how is the staff community doing?
- What are the hopes for the community meeting?
- teacher appreciation week and turning it into CSS week
- Ultimate Purpose
- go back to PTA Board meeting to determine purpose and follow up plan
A Green Team
- formation of green team to move forward on the issue waste management
MidLevel Survey Results
- we are required to offer World Language
- Kristie and Todd decided not to pay to get the other results
- We are planning for the longevity of the MidLevel program rather than just thinking about a “short term fix”
- how to share with community
- Bridge meeting which usually happens after lottery, possibly mid April- early May
Ideas have been shared via the podium/blast.
Agenda items to cover at the next site council meeting
- potential scheduling for mid-level next year & factors at play
- site council by laws, role(s) minutes