* Big thank you to the teachers who volunteered a day to attend the retreat to get us kick started on another exciting year for Site Council. THANK YOU - Chrsit Braun, Ben Needham, Katy Relaford, and Lynne Gammon. * Also a big thank you to the parents who took a day out of their summer or off of work to attend the retreat.
* The retreat was facilitated by Kim Feiche from Oregon Center for Educational Equity.
* By-law and standard practices review --> walked through by-laws ensuring everyone understands them and made several edits making the scope of Site Council more specific.
Link: CSS Site Council By-Laws
* Reviewed and practiced our concensus decision making process.
* Reviewed and discussed connections with staff committees, PTA, and what is covered by Site Council.
1) Key outcomes:
* Climate/Safety committees will align priorities and goals with Site Council. Other staff committees will be as necessary pending committee scope.
* PTA - independent parent organization with strong partnership and all driving to one CSS Vision
* Site Council is a leadership forum and will only address issues/concerns that have grown and developed the support of either the parent or teachers.
Example: If an inidividual has a concern it should be addressed with a teacher, Filip, or taken to the PTA is a broad concern.
If there is PTA support for a recommendation then Site Council would look at the policy or change recommendation.
* Selected Site Council Roles
Recorder: Heather Zelinsky
Backup: Open (will fill in Oct 1 Site Council meeting)
Process Keeper: Katy Relaford
Backup: Brooke Dempsey
Facilitator: Russ Alexander-Hensley
Backup: Ben Needham
* Regular Site Council meeting decided to be from 3:15 to 5:15 on the 1st & 3rd Mondays of each month