Vision, Mission, Core Principles
- Guest speakers: Brandi and Jules
- Presented CSS Vision, Mission, & Core principles one pager
- Lots of discussion on wording
o Striving for clarify in wording
o Vision promise to all our families
o Mission articulate how we do this
- One phrase away as time was called - what happens in storyline, without calling it by name
- Next steps: Brandi, Christi, Jules, and Filip to revise, discuss with staff, and bring back to Jan 10th Site Council meeting
Review action items, timing, and ownership of all SC deliverables
- Not covered - Pushed to meeting after the holidays
Middle level discussion
- Ben wanted more discussion about the purpose of interviewing mid-level students that are now in high school.
o Purpose: How are they existing students doing in HS? And How can we strengthen our mid-level program to help then be more successful?
- Growth plan - Brooke
o The current growth plan has the building/school reaching full capacity in 2015 @ ~500 students K-8
- Jan 19th Site Council member visit scheduled to Health Sciences School in Beaverton to observe their classrooms and ask questions about their Expeditionary Learning structure.
- Survey - all students have completed the survey 5 grades thru 8th. Will add 4th grade students to survey but they will not take the survey until the first week back from holiday break. REMINDER: All families please provide your inputs into the middle level future and direction through the survey.
- Discussed 5th grade shadowing of in middle level classrooms. Decided Student leadership organization will help to do information sessions student to student to highlight what middle level is about and answer questions / concerns from the 5th graders.
Tentative agenda for Jan 10th meeting
- Handbook review
- Finalize Vision/Mission
- Survey Data